Agrium Knows How to Grow
We’ve been growing for more than 80 years, continuously enhancing the value of our company through expansion and acquisitions that provide our shareholders with a secure and thriving investment.
- Divestiture of Agrium’s Turf and Ornamental business to Koch Agronomic Services, LLC.
- Agrium’s ESN® operations moves into Wholesale.
- Vanscoy Potash Operations expansion to be completed.
- Agrium closes acquisition of Viterra’s Agri-product business from Glencore International, gaining more than 200 retail facilities in Western Canada and Australia.
- Agrium acquires Utilfértil and enters the Brazilian market.
- Kapuskasing (Ontario) Phosphate mine ceases production.
- Agrium acquires 100 percent equity position in CerealToscana and Agroport.
- Agrium sells AWB Commodity Management.
- Additional 30 percent equity position in Common Market Fertilizers S.A. (CMF) is acquired; name changed to Agrium Europe.
- APS acquires 24 additional retail outlets in Argentina.
- Agrium acquires AWB Limited and enters the Asia-Pacific market.
- Agrium Retail expands into Canada and consolidates all U.S. and Canadian operations under the name Crop Production Services (CPS).
- 26 percent shareholding in MOPCO (Egypt) is obtained.
- United Agri Products (UAP) is acquired.
- 70 percent equity position in Common Market Fertilizers S.A. (CMF) is acquired.
- ADM’s 18 retail centers and 14 satellites in Kansas and Oklahoma are acquired.
- Royster-Clark is acquired.
- Western Canadian Fertilizer distribution assets from Imperial Oil are acquired.
- 18 retail outlets in Argentina and Chile are acquired from United Agri Products.
- Astaris Production LLC assets (Nu-West’s Conda, ID phosphate operation) acquired.
- UNOCAL agricultural products division is acquired.
- Profertil S.A. begins production in Bahia Blanca, Argentina.
- Kapuskasing (Ontario) Phosphate Mine begins production.
- Rasmussen Ridge (Idaho) Phosphate Mine is acquired.
- Agrium is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Viridian Inc., including Redwater (Alberta) Fertilizer Operations and Fort Saskatchewan (Alberta) Nitrogen Operations, is acquired.
- Cominco Fertilizers Ltd. changes its name to Agrium Inc.
- Agrium establishes an international presence in Argentina under the trade name Agroservicios Pampeanos (ASP).
- Nu-West Industries Inc. and Western Farm Service (WFS) are acquired.
- Crop Production Services (CPS) is acquired.
- Cominco Fertilizers Ltd. enters the public market.
- Joffre (Alberta) Nitrogen Operations begins production.
- Fort Saskatchewan (Alberta) plant opens
- Carseland (Alberta) Nitrogen Operations begins production
- Vanscoy Potash Operations Opens
- Borger (Texas) Nitrogen Operations begins production.
- Homestead (Nebraska) Distribution Terminal opens.
- Sherrit Gordon Fertilizers enters fertilizer business.
- Enter the fertilizer business as Cominco Fertilizers Ltd.